Midweek Mini: Nicola & Jon’s Secret Wedding

Homemade Bride Kate is presiding over this week’s Midweek Mini to tell us all about her friends’ secret wedding…

Being in the wedding business one of the most common things that I hear is how expensive weddings are. I always tell my brides that the only part that is really important is the actual ceremony, the rest of it is all decorative. This could not have been more true for Nicola and Jon .

My friends had been engaged for years and whenever we asked when they were getting married they just keep telling us “We are getting married on Tuesday.” They never actually ever told us which Tuesday. You can imagine my surprise one day, when scrolling through Facebook, that I had a friend’s name come up that I didn’t recognise. I clicked on the profile to see that Nicola and Jon had secretly got married. It was just the two of them. They hadn’t told a soul. They had asked two random people to be their witnesses and yes, for those of you who were wondering, it was a Tuesday!

I asked Nicola what her favourite wedding day memory was and this is what she told me:

I’ve been thinking long and hard about one favourite memory and to be honest I couldn’t think of just one. Although as you know not everyone’s idea of a conventional wedding, I loved every moment of our secret day. From sneaking out of the house so the neighbours wouldn’t see us in our wedding clothes, the ceremony just being us and our lovely little honeymoon in Mid Wales. But I must say that this is my favourite photo. Caught off guard not posed, I think it shows exactly how I was feeling: complete and utter love.

Midweek Mini: Nicola & Jon’s Secret Wedding

We would love to hear your favourite wedding day memory or moment. Get in touch with us by emailing charlie@wordpress.com

0 评论: