Non-Religious Wedding Readings: Part 5

One request we get time and time again is for alternative wedding readings. Whether you are planning a religious or civil ceremony we have found a selection of readings that would possibly fit the bill. Here is the lovely Kate with part 5 of our new series.

Non-Religious Wedding Readings: Part 5

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

There were so many lovely quotes from this movie I just couldn’t choose. So I decided to do a collection for you. I hope this gives you some inspiration for readings on the day. I hope you love them as much as I do.

Non-Religious Wedding Readings: Part 5

The images in this post are all stills from the film

“Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can’t control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. That’s what it was like for me. I didn’t plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met, it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has happened only once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it.”

Non-Religious Wedding Readings: Part 5
“You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love. So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be hard. We’re going to have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you forever, you and me everyday.”

Non-Religious Wedding Readings: Part 5

“We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken a lifetime to learn. It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is the great paradox.”

We will be back with more inspiration very soon!

0 评论: