Staying in Comfort – The Novotel On Collins, Melbourne

I’ve never stayed in a shopping centre before. I was super glad that the windows were tinted as I walked around the hotel room as free as the day I was born.

I grew tired of voyeuring on the shoppers 14 stories below and plonked myself down on the plush, comfy armchair with matching footstool.

I did not want to move. I wanted to marry the chair.

Feeding Savannah, feeding my face, gazing, writing, listening to Craig’s rant about horrible Australian internet ; the minutes ticked into hours as I sat in comfortable splendour, and allowed myself to breathe for a while and my body to tingle into rest.

Staying in Comfort – The Novotel On Collins, Melbourne

I felt as if it were the first time I had sat for months and done nothing but be. I really should be exploring Melbourne, but I was tired of rushing. I haven’t stopped since Savannah was born.

Besides this was more of a business trip, rather than a travel one and we would be so busy networking over the next two days, I needed to conserve my energy, as did Savannah who was sleeping beside me.

It’s amazing when you sit and be quiet how pleasurable and noticeable the silence can be. I just wanted to eat it up.

The Novotel on Collins, Melbourne granted me a cocoon of silence and comfort.

The king size bed now entices me to lie on it; I’ll save that for later. I wonder if Craig can sleep on this couch as I want to starfish on it uninterrupted, but that could ruin his solution to making our marriage better.

Staying in Comfort – The Novotel On Collins, Melbourne Actually, I think I might just stay here for the whole two days and not go out at all.

“Anything else, Mrs Makepeace?

The receptionist checking us in was so courteous and friendly. I’m not real fussed on being called Mrs Makepeace, makes me think I am back in the classroom and I shudder with dread.

I do, however, like being greeted by name. It is a small touch, but an empowering one.

I don’t often stay at places where they use my name. I could really get used to this.

The Novotel on Collins is situated in the heart of Melbourne’s famous shopping district and CBD area, making it a great place to stay.

Staying in Comfort – The Novotel On Collins, Melbourne

Great places nearby to eat

In the nearby area are the fascinating European style alleyways where you can enjoy a cup of coffee, or delicious Italian with friends or a couple of beers in the vibrant Degraves Street.

Ahh…Yes location is everything, but so is a little comfort.

I love the comfort of the Novotel.

Staying in Comfort – The Novotel On Collins, Melbourne

enjoying the comfort

Gosh, I just noticed the plasma TV attached to the wall above the bed and next to the bar fridge.

Excuse me for a minute while I go and lay down…

Sorry, just me again.

I just turned on the TV and a message popped up

Welcome Mr and Mrs Makepeace. We hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Now that is ALL CLASS.

How great are these suede covered cushions? And this bed is divine.

I am not going anywhere. Cancel all appointments.

P.S. The hot shower was also to die for.

Do you like staying in comfort when you are travelling?

The Facts:

Website: Novotel on Collins, Melbourne

Location: Novotel Melbourne on Collins is positioned right in the centre of the city above the Australia on Collins Shopping Centre.

Tripadvisor: Read what other travelers have to say at TripAdvisor

We stayed as guests at the Novotel on Collins , as always opinions are of our own.

0 评论: