Cwtch Of The Week: Bethan & Austin’s Monet Cwtch by Maria Farrelly

Todays Cwtch of The Week: Bethan & Austin’s Monet Cwtch, is called exactly that as it is taken from the beautiful wedding that I had the pleasure of photographing in April. Just take a look, it was like we stepped into a Monet painting.

Cwtch Of The Week: Bethan & Austin’s Monet Cwtch by Maria Farrelly

Cwtch of the Week: Bethan & Austin’s Monet Cwtch

Cwtch Of The Week: Bethan & Austin’s Monet Cwtch by Maria FarrellyImage by Maria Farrelly Photography

Welsh Bride Bethan & her groom Austin tied the knot in a beautiful venue called Priors Tithe Barn in Brockworth (just outside Wales).

AS an added bonus, we asked the beautiful Bethan to tell us all about their proposal story because, well, who dissent love a proposal story!? Over to you Bethan……

I always felt bad for Austin whenever he asked me what kind of engagement ring I wanted (for some point way in the future of course!). I never really had an answer, as I had never seen one that I had really, really loved. Well apart from the huge, can’t lift your hand off the table, so sparkly it blinds you, diamonds in the expensive shops no one can afford!

One day we were walking past an antique shop in Cheltenham when I saw the most beautiful ring in the window and commented on how pretty it was. That was all the encouragement Austin needed and he rang up about it the very next day! Austin planned on proposing on our first family holiday together in Dorset with our little boy Dylan. However, when he went to pay for the ring the card was declined as they suspected fraudulent activity! After much begging and pleading with the shop to hold the ring for another week whilst we were away, Austin had to work on plan B.

Austin decided to propose at a meal he had booked for our anniversary at the Hand & Flowers restaurant in Marlow; a Michelin starred restaurant owned by one of my favourite chefs Tom Kerridge. Due to the huge waiting list Austin had booked this surprise a year in advance and thought this would be somewhere really special to propose. It had always been somewhere I had wanted to visit since seeing it on an old episode of Masterchef – which is very ironic given my lack of cooking skills!

After lots of calls and emails to the restaurant, everything was in place for the proposal. We had the most incredible meal I have ever had and when dessert came out, there was a very small box next to mine. Austin then went into his prepared (and very beautiful!) speech before ending by asking me to marry him. Apparently I made lots of random noises for a very long time, but didn’t actually say yes until prompted for an answer! When I finally did, all the staff offered their congratulations and we had a champagne toast before I made several tearful phone calls to family and friends. Although I do still tease Austin that he didn’t actually go down on one knee in the packed restaurant! It was so thoughtful and very special. We even went back there for a celebratory meal one year later, and plan on visiting again after the wedding when we have some more news to celebrate!

Nothing says ‘yes I will marry you’ like a lot of random noises.  We love this!  And you are in for a treat, as I have ready, their whole special day and cannot wait to share the whole wedding with you all very soon.

Enjoy~ Maria xxx

0 评论: