Bride To Be Diaries: Our Rustic Bride’s Stress Levels

Today on the blog we have the beautiful Kristy explains how she has been dealing with the stress of planning her wedding. Over to our Rustic Bride.

Our Rustic Bride


Bride To Be Diaries: Our Rustic Bride’s Stress Levels

106 days to go! Arriving so close to the 100 day mark makes it seem like it’s just around the corner!

I have learned recently that every bride must be stressed…even if they don’t feel stressed they still must be stressed! Like it’s some sort of prerequisite to getting married. It’s expected! When I thought about planning our wedding I conjured the images of films watched in the past full of montages with inspirational yet romantic music, that show the prospective bride and groom having a fantastic time picking out items for their wedding. What they don’t show is the hours of time spent on the internet information gathering, pintrest browsing, quote sorting and email sending! They also don’t show the disagreements between the bride and groom when their priorities lie somewhere slightly different from each other. They definitely don’t show the moment the bride realises that she has bought the wrong wedding ring!! Yes, this happened…wasn’t much fun!

When I imagined planning our wedding I wanted to get as much done before the last few months as possible, which thankfully I have been able to do. I am one of those people that like to be prepared and hate doing things last minute when deadlines are concerned. The thought of rushing things at the last minute for me is more stressful than something going wrong! If something goes wrong that’s just the way it is and we will deal with it if it happens. Bride To Be Diaries: Our Rustic Bride’s Stress Levels

I haven’t actually FELT stressed for a long time, not since dress shopping time number one and two. That churning in the belly – not for me. Yet, I have been ill three times in the last four weeks! So, I have increased my stress busting behaviours to try to combat the stress I am not feeling, but must be going on underneath the surface because I usually have an immune system of steel! Thanks to where I work, I think my immune system gets to regularly flex its metaphorical muscles and stays nice and strong. So I can only put my recent rubbish health down to an immune system being kicked around a bit by my convert stress levels. I just hope it’s going to sort itself out soon!

I think I have been incredibly lucky though because I have had people to help me do this all the way through. So many people have been involved and I have loved every moment. People I never thought would lend a hand have stepped up. This wedding has brought the family together, which I think is just a beautiful thing. Bride To Be Diaries: Our Rustic Bride’s Stress Levels

I am also so very lucky that I have a Kieron in my life. Speaking with other brides, I have been told stories where they have been mostly responsible for the planning and organising of their wedding. They tell me that their groom just wasn’t that interested! Kieron has been the complete opposite…he has wanted to be involved in everything (except the dress of course). He has gone to wedding fairs, stood around in perfume shops, tried on rings, designed and made our invites, helped with my DIY projects and completed DIY projects of his own.

Kieron was heavily involved with the booking of our honeymoon, which I was so grateful for. Sorting the honeymoon seems to be usually left to the men anyway. But I couldn’t leave it alone could I?! After a month of research we settled on Mauritius. I did so much research I think I could tell you when all the rainy, hurricane and monsoon seasons were all over the world! We are going in September, two days after the wedding and I can’t wait. It will be the perfect stress buster following the wedding. A time for sandy toes, spa days, yoga on the beach, water sports and zip lining.  To be able to enjoy the holiday of a lifetime with Kieron as husband and wife, is just a dream come true.

I can only imagine how excited you are getting. I’m not at all jealous of your amazing honeymoon of yoga on the beach and spa days! ~ Kate

0 评论: