Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes

Today Our Graceful Bride Vicky is telling us all about her love of shoes. I’m sure this is a love that we can all relate to. Take it away Vicky.

The Graceful Bride

Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes

Love Of Shoes!


Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes

Hi, my name’s Vicky and I’m a shoeaholic! Figured I couldn’t not write a post about my favourite thing, although slightly worried I’m going to sound like some sort of spoilt brat so apologies in advance, I like to think I’m not! I love fashion, I’m very rarely without a Vogue magazine hidden somewhere in my crew bag and have a fair few designer pieces sprinkled throughout my wardrobe but my number one love is shoes (probably coz they’ll always fit!). Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes I’m in the very fortunate position that I have a job that allows me to indulge every now and then so over the years my collection has grown and, I’m not gonna lie, is unlikely to stop growing… I have a problem! I was going to try and be good when it came to the wedding shoes and wear a designer pair I already had, I’d even told our photographer which pair I was wearing in the hope that it would calm me down (ha!). Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes But I changed my mind when I found a pair of emerald green Louboutins and Rob told me they looked like Welsh shoes (green shoe, red sole), figured that was pretty much like him telling me that I needed to get them (I told you, it’s a problem!!!). I even had the perfect pair of flats I could bring out for the evening as being in 10cm heels all day would kill me, Louboutins are made to sit in in my opinion, even the flat ones pinch. Trouble is as shoes is my thing I’d decided on this before I’d done the dress. As I’ve mentioned before I’m a giant, and adding giant heels to a giant person meant that even a standard length dress would flap around my ankles which, even though you’d see the shoes well, probably not a great wedding look! So no Welsh shoes :-( and under a ban not to buy my shoes until the dress arrived over 6 months later!!!! Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes
This (prepare for overly dramatic screeching now) was like telling me not to breathe!! Ok, too far, but 6 months!!! We figured I’d want possibly a 6/7cm heel so I thought I should probably research, daily. It’s an odd heel height to find but I had a few options to look into when the dress arrived and I could shop. Until I stumbled across another favourite thing, discounts! So I went off to see the lovely Ruth Shaw who is the designer of Harriet Wilde shoes and ended up in turmoil as it turns out you can work with her and design your own bespoke shoes. Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes So I was caught, take the plunge and buy a pair (still pre dress) with a significant discount or go all out and spend a small fortune to have the privilege to become a shoe designer which is slightly dream material. In the end my head won out over my heart (well my heart won slightly as I also bought a pair of boots that were in the sale and just looked so cute with jeans) and have shelved my shoe designer dreams. I’ve still gone for coloured shoes to be slightly different and will tell you now that Harriet Wilde shoes are the most comfortable heels I’ve ever worn. I’m still taking the Welsh shoes with me though, figured I might not be able to wear them all day but that won’t stop me getting some sort of arty shot on the stairs! Plus, I gotta say that for all my stupidly expensive shoe love that my most favourite, most comfortable and most worn pair of shoes have to still be my wellies. Bride To Be Diaries: Graceful Bride’s Love Of Shoes

I think ever single one of us are jealous of your shoe collection. Pity I’m a size 3 and can’t borrow any. ~ Kate

0 评论: