Journal Extracts From a Life Lived Traveling Around the World

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward.

Margaret Fairless Barber,The Roadmender

Piled on my bookshelves lies a stack of travel journals, filled with memories of over 10 years travel.  Now that I’ve finally gathered the courage to write a book on my beautiful life,  I’m finding myself shuffling through them a lot lately, getting lost in my world of travel, and being presented once more with the memories and life lessons that somehow manage to hide inside the walls of the box for too long.

Once in awhile, I am going to look backward and share with you a short extract from my travel journals. Something that may catch my eye when browsing through, in order to bring you some inspiration or motivation to live your life out of the box.

“We were blessed with a couple of spectacular sunsets while on Zanzibar Islands. Sitting around the beach bar with a sundowner, watching as a dhow, timed to perfection, would sail across the vibrant pink and orange setting sun. Ah! The Serenity. I feel so lucky to have the life I have. Not many people in the world feel as fortunate, as happy and as at peace as I. Although, at times, this can be disturbed with the challenges of the day and trials of life, I don’t feel burdened down by them for too long as others might. I don’t feel the need to remain stuck in the ‘problem’ rut as the present moment is all that one ever needs be aware of. I am continually striving to be a better person and to maintain my inner calm and peace. Thank you to the magnificence of the setting sun that helps me to remember this ‘truth beauty’!”


Journal Extracts From a Life Lived Traveling Around the World






0 评论: