I hope you have the time of your life

I hope you have the time of your life

They stood on the stage in darkness holding a light and sang:

“It’s something unpredictable but in the end it’s fine? I hope you have the time of your life”

The finale song of the Pacific Dawn Life As We Know It show is one of my all-time favourites.

Simple, yet  powerful.

How many people are living the time of their life?

How many people realize that they CAN?

Green Day’s song sums up what life is really about: creating lifelong memories to cherish.

“So take the photographs and still frames in your mind.
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos and memories and dead skin on trial

For what it’s worth it was worth all the while.
It’s something unpredictable but in the end
It’s right I hope you’ve had the time of your life.

I hear that song and I think of my friend Michelle whose life was cut short at the age of 18 with leukaemia, and Warren a friend whose life was taken in Africa.

I imagine them passing me the flame, reminding me to always have the time of my life. I try my best to do that every day.

Why aren’t many people having the time of their lives?

Fear.

Excuses like time or lack of money.

Or an even worse

What people think!

Imagine letting other people control your life.

Our tag line at y travel blog is It’s all about the memories. It’s something we always found ourselves saying to each other when another decision was made.

A decision to blow that budget to have an expensive, yet memorable experience, or to stay up with the party for just one more beer, or to hike up that 3000m high mountain.

Our life is a collection of these memories that have brought us much joy and so much fulfilment.

We now continue to travel in order to create more of that for our children.

We won’t give up travelling with our children and trade it for the white picket fence that so many people love to tell us is the “right” thing to do.

It’s all about the memories. It’s all about having the time of our lives.

Life is far too short to do anything else.

As the song went through one more chorus, another singer on stage blew out their candle and walked off.

I hope you have the time of your life

What will your memories be like when the candle is finally blown out on your life?

Is it filled with pain and regret? Or joy and the knowing that you lived the time of your life?

Take the flame now and let it burn brightly.

What is it you really want to do? What memories do you really want your life to be comprised of? Stop letting fear and excuses and other people’s opinions on your life get in the way.

Your memories are waiting for you to create them.

As the song says it’s worth it in the end.

Because you have joy and fulfilment.

It’s something unpredictable, but in the end it’s right. I hope you have the time of your life.

Are you having the time of your life?

0 评论: