Engagement | Erik + Meg

“You should laugh together if you are marrying someone… laugh a lot. Life should be fun right? Erik and Meg {who are quite the amazing photographers themselves!} took me to a very special place, where they shared their first laughs together on their first date. It just so happened to be on an island. It was a blast, and I only almost fell into the water once! Erik and Meg love the movie Moonrise Kingdom {how could you not love it?!} and themed their session around the movie. I need an awesome made up word that describes how much I loved this session and working with the two of them, because the word clearly does not exist yet!” – Jess of Mad Chicken Studio

Engagement | Erik + MegEngagement | Erik + MegEngagement | Erik + MegEngagement | Erik + MegEngagement | Erik + MegEngagement | Erik + MegEngagement | Erik + Meg

How did you find your photographer?

“We were introduced to Jes’ ( Mad Chicken Studio ) work simply through word-of-mouth. My fiancé and I are photographers ourselves, so working with someone who’s work we truly admired was very important to us. When we spoke with her about shooting our engagement session through the inspiration of Moonrise Kingdom, we were beyond happy with the results! She even lent us her husband’s cantina to pull the look together…

What are you DIY-ing for your wedding?

..There are a lot of ‘hands-on’ projects involved in our wedding day! I personally designed our Save-The-Dates + Wedding Invites. My mom and I are making all of the bouquets out of an assortment of wheat and pinecones. My fiancé Erik is an avid angler and hand-made each of the boutonnieres in the form of fly-ties and I made the corsages out of various fabrics, feathers and buttons (an odd combo, but it all came together nicely!)

Rather than doing a traditional cake, we decided to go with miniature fruit pies. Those weren’t made by us, but I made miniature flags to go in each one. I assigned my Maid of Honor to make bunting out of old maps, to hang in the barn, as well. So yes, LOTS of DIY projects throughout our entire day!

What are you looking forward to the most?

..We hired On Solid Ground Vintage Rentals, a stylist out of Minneapolis, to help in designing the look of our space. The venue that we chose is The Brule River Barn, a newly established barn wedding venue and allowed for as much personal touch as we wanted. On top of making so many things, we also rented an assortment of furniture and nicknacks to fill the space. I am most excited to see the entire thing come together! And of course, seeing the photos and how Jes captures everything.” – Meg, the bride-to-be

0 评论: