Wheresoever you go….

“Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucious.

Wheresoever you go….

whichever way you look at it… that’s a pretty spectacular view! Leavenworth, WA

I am 2,500 miles away from my studio, my teachers, my students, and my yogi community. I packed my lululemon clothing in anticipation of jumping into the Seattle yoga scene but forgot about the amount of plans Jared and I pack in when we are together.

At our core, we are adventurers.   A year and a half after meeting + countless travels later, wanderlust still hits and I doubt that will change for either of us.  Naturally the first few days of my 3 week journey had us traveling by car and ferries, driving hundreds of miles to be everywhere BUT Seattle.

Camping and staying in a town with no studio reminded me of the importance of my own self practice.  My consistent morning asana and meditation practice has been replaced with early morning runs around Greenlake and coffee at Rev’s.  (no complaints) By the time I’ve had my cappuccino and breakfast, my body is too buzzed to think about sitting and so the day goes on without engaging in my grounding rituals.  One or two days and I can get by but gradually I feel myself growing edgy and disconnected.  A class at Yoga Life gave me a huge reminder- I NEED YOGA. It’s a non-negotiable.  No matter where I am or how busy the day is, I need to take a time-out for myself.  Even if it is only 10 minutes of silence and a few sun salutations.  Something is better than nothing.

When the changes  of travel become overstimulating, I know I need to come back to my practice.  Yoga reminds me that the change taking place around me is external and fleeting.  Unrolling my mat opens me to my inner peace that is not disrupted by the ebb & flow of life.  When I get carried away in the details and a packed schedule, my practice taps into the stillness of the perfect present moment.

What keeps you sane while you are traveling? What piece of “home” do you always pack?

0 评论: