Recognition & Gratitude for Simple Joys ||

“Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. Break the habit. Talk about your joys.” – Rita Schiano


Here are a few of the joys I have found myself especially thankful for these past weeks.

1. Proximity to family // I didn’t move back to California, but being on the mainland (and not having an Ocean separate us) has meant seeing my family and friends on a much more regular basis. A swipe of the credit card for Alaskan Airlines and a 2.5 hour plane ride and we are magically in each others presence. Too easy. Recognition & Gratitude for Simple Joys ||

2. My Morning Commute // I walk from home to the bus stop, jump on the express to downtown and stroll a short distance to my work in Pioneer Square. With the sun already up on my stroll, I pass beautiful 1920’s craftsmen style homes, gardens full of newly sprouted blossoms and the world is peacefully quiet. Once I’m off the bus, I walk down a hill that overlooks the Puget Sound and I’m reminded that I’m close to water and nature even while I’m surrounded by big city buildings.

2. Recognition & Gratitude for Simple Joys ||

3. Recommitment to Yoga & Meditation // My peace and how I want to positively effect this world will always be dependent upon the inner work I do. Yoga and meditation are two of the strongest practices I’ve found that empower me to create change and engage in the world.  Trust in the practice, do the work and truth is unveiled.

Recognition & Gratitude for Simple Joys ||

4. Pacific Northwest Bucket List // The list continues to grow but I’m chipping away at checking things off. One of the most recent was going to the Skagit Tulip Festival in La Conner. I was anxious to attend this year and my sister and brother-in-law being in town created the perfect occasion to make the trip.
Millions of tulips at your feet! It’s amazing seeing those huge fields with rows of vibrant color. It really does make you want to break out in song to Julie Andrew’s “The Hills are Alive” from the Sound of Music.
General warning if you are going during the weekend prepare yourself for traffic.

Recognition & Gratitude for Simple Joys ||

Do you tend to focus on your problems or the abundance? What are your simple joys? Talk about them and share in the comments below.

0 评论: