Last week as Friday approached, I began experiencing extreme fomo (fear of missing out). With fall seriously kicking into gear, I realized the opportunity for outdoor adventure was dwindling. I felt myself torn between dedicating another weekend to travel, or keeping my feet in Seattle proper. My mind alternated through the options as I checked the weather report for 3 counties at least 5 times. Sun was on the horizon for Seattle and the idea of sticking around for a 70 degree day in the city sounded enticing. Almost every weekend this summer was dedicated to road trips, backpacking or waiting for a flight at Sea-Tac Airport. My house has been a mess of laundry and my fridge completely empty. Well, it wasn’t actually empty but let’s just say the forgotten contents were not edible without sickness following. With so much time on the move, a weekend of grounding sounded like something my naturopath from Hawaii would prescribe for me. I knew that the best way for me to unplug and practice mindfulness was to find quiet in nature. I’ve been meaning to visit Washington Park Arboretum so I proceeded on a solo stroll, snapping a few photos as I meandered and nurtured my greenery obsession.
Choosing Home
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
If we were to take a ride in the wayback machine to the late 1980’s, you would see me sporting a Canon AT-1 with a 50mm lens. That i...
-
I have spent years hiking with my Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II (PFII), first just my wife and I, then my first son, and now with my second so...
-
The most common complaints you hear from backpackers usually stem from carrying too much weight, ill-fitting backpacks, or using the ...
-
Sponsored post Entries are now open for designers, architects, innovators, artists and companies to submit projects to the A’ Design Award ...
-
We love the way that Stacy Bauer Photography set up this engagement session with Will and Casey, we’ll let her share how this couple used ...
-
Jaillan Yehia isn’t an adventure traveller. So what the hell is she doing on a double-zip line flying over the French Alps at 100km an hour?...
-
Keltec PLR22 with standard 25rd magazine. At first glance, Keltec PLR22 and Crickett .22 Hunter pistols couldn’t be more different. K...
-
By PATRICK MURPHY If 45Nrth has its way, the phrase “It’s too cold to ride today” is going to become irrelevant. The Minneapolis-based b...
-
Recently I was given an amazing opportunity to write for BRIDES Magazine on a number of chic and trending wedding topics. Today’s post lo...
-
We all have our essential items for making a flight more comfortable . But nothing ups your comfort like a better seat. Here’s how t...