Updates from Lifestream

Life has been incredibly crazy of late and many of you have noticed I haven’t done with my blog lately.  Sorry!  I’m gone again this week helping my parents continue to sort out the best choices for dealing with their new circumstances.  So let me give you some quick updates:

FINIDNG CHURCH: I am writing tons, and when I get some time I’ll post some excerpts from the new book.  I couldn’t be more excited about what is going on there.  The new arrangement is falling together well.  I can’t wait to be in a broad conversation about the church as it exists on the new creation, not the old creation models we humans keep deivsing.  But in the interim, let me give you some quick updates.

KENYA: We’ve taken in almost $20,000 of the $50,000 hope to have for them by early April when their team goes into West Pokot to help with the starving people there.  You can read the full story here.  If you have some resource to share and these people are on your heart, now would be a good time. If you need the details, check here.

JAKE MOVIE: The first eight minutes of the podcast I loaded today will give you an update on the progress of the movie adaptation of So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore.  It is very much a work in progress, but something has happened in the last couple of weeks to up the excitement meter significantly. We’ll have to see how it works out. Listen to the first part of the podcast if you want the full story.

EAST COAST TRAVEL: More details on this will come out soon, but I’m headed to Maryland for the last weekend of Aprill, then to Virginia for the first weekend in May.  We may be able to put together a “Seeding Community” conversation that second weekend like we had in North Carolina this summer. I’m still trying to work out those details. The first weekend will be open to everyone who wants to come, the second may be structured for a smaller group of folks who are learning to live loved but want to discuss how to help others live the life of Jesus’ church in the new creation.  If you are in the Virginia area and have an interest, please let me know.  For now, I just want you to have the dates if you want to keep your schedule open.

0 评论: