Engagement | Mike + Lauren

“Lauren and Mike are both elementary school teachers and met teaching at the same school. Their rooms were paired up and when Lauren’s students got in trouble she’d send them to Mike… that’s how they began dating! They are such a FUN couple and have so much love for each other. They got engaged after being in the mountains for a wedding. Mike made reservations to stay at The Sebastian. When they got to their hotel room Mike had their favorite champagne on ice and two outfits and all the accessories were laying out on the bed for Lauren to choose from to wear out to dinner. WOW. They wanted their engagement session to be fun and reflect their personalities. Of course we had to do something unique based on their profession. We used their classrooms for some fun teacher photos and Lauren made the save the date sign. We went outdoors for the rest and they both had amazing outfits and looked so great! We were by a lake and did a picnic with some wine! So romantic!” – KB Digital Designs

Engagement | Mike + Lauren
Engagement | Mike + Lauren
Engagement | Mike + Lauren
Engagement | Mike + Lauren
Engagement | Mike + Lauren
Engagement | Mike + Lauren
Engagement | Mike + Lauren

How did you find your photographer?

Last summer, I made my rounds as what felt like a professional bridesmaid. I was in three weddings and Katie Brewer of KB Digital Designs was the photographer for one of the weddings. She left a lasting impression on me with her approachable, positive attitude, and of course her stunning pictures. A photographer can really make or break the day of a wedding (believe me), they are part of everything from getting ready with your girls, to the ever important first look and I wanted to make sure that I had a photographer that I loved having around. After that wedding I was in with Katie, I knew that when it was my turn I wanted her and that was the first thing I planned once getting engaged last July.

What are you DIY-ing for your wedding?

My fiancé and I are both elementary school teachers so we are lucky enough to have our spring break and summers off together. Every chance we get we travel to Napa Valley, so we really want to bring a Napa feel to our wedding day. If you have seen something on Pinterest incorporating wine corks chances are I am trying it out. My family and friends have been tasked with saving as many wine corks and wine bottles as possible. My fiancé designed some fabulous wine labels for me to ask my bridesmaids that included our pictures. I was very impressed. We have had a lot of fun designing the save the dates and are excited to design the invitations next. I also don’t want to do the traditional wedding cake. I don’t think it will do my intense sweet tooth justice so I have been having a lot of fun putting together and planning a candy bar, s’more bar, and cake bar.

What are you looking forward to the most?

It sounds so cliche but I am most excited to actually get married. There are so many little things that I am excited to see come together, and of course have a big celebration with all of my closest friends and family in one place, but by far, I am most excited to go to sleep that night as Mrs. Atkins. – Lauren, the bride-to-be

0 评论: