Engagement | Americana Style

“This was such a fun couple to work with! We held their engagement session at the same location where they will be getting married. They wanted to go all out and the bride-to-be even went for hair and makeup in order to complete the “retro” vibe we were going for. Between the amazing location and the abundant love these two share, it was a perfect engagement session! Their upcoming wedding will most definitely be a DIY-ed event. With the help of the farms owner (a close personal friend) and lots of family and friends, they will have no shortage of helping hands to make their big day a very special event! – Stephanie Dishman Photography

Engagement | Americana Style
Engagement | Americana Style
Engagement | Americana Style
Engagement | Americana Style
Engagement | Americana Style
Engagement | Americana Style
Engagement | Americana Style

FROM THE BRIDE

Jon and I were actually neighbors. He moved in 2 houses down when he was 17 and I was 14. We grew up on Hernando Beach and there were many nights that he would climb up on my Dads boat that was parked in the driveway under my window and try to talk me into sneaking out. One cold night in February ended with him and a friend being chased down the road by my dad and brother and them swimming home just for trying to talk to me. I would sneak out of the house and jump on the back of his Harley and ride away in the night or cruise the beach in his Jeep and go watch the sunset. When I was 16, I got into a car accident trying to sneak around and see him (since my parents forbid us to be together). I hit a tree at 15 MPH and lacerated my spleen. I had to be bay-flighted to a hospital an hour away and was in ICU for 4 days. My parents finally said, “ok, you almost died trying to be with him. You obviously love him.” After 2 years of sneaking around we were finally allowed to see each other. Shortly after I was pregnant with my daughter. I had her when I was 17. We were both still so young and didn’t quite have the “family” thing down. At 17, I decided it would be better to raise my daughter on my own and I did so for 8 years. I always knew God had put Jon in my life for a reason, and at first I thought it was my daughter. But not matter what relationship I was in it never felt right and I always thought of Jon. Then one day, about 3 years ago, out of curiosity I found him on FB and sent him a message only to find out that he had been looking for us! We have been inseparable ever since. We chose the 4th of July for our wedding day because we always had the best memories of sitting on top of roofs in Hernando Beach watching the fireworks. When I was 15 he gave me a firework called ‘Whistling Dixie’ and told me if he asked for it 10 years later I’d better have it – well, I still have it to this day. – Amy, the bride-to-be

0 评论: