Remembering my Dream Job

Remembering my Dream Job

I had stopped for a split second to take in the scene.

Just enough time for my mind to drift to the possibiliy of owning a piece of serenity like Doe Bay Cafe .  Years ago while working for lululemon athletica, I was asked to set goals and create a vision.  This process also included creating a BHAG (big hairy audacious goal).  A BHAG is all about playing BIG.  It is the ultimate dream that seems so far off that it’s practically out of reach.  Really it just requires heaps of work and massive amounts of courage. It is that idea that always sits in the back of your mind, that years later you still think about.  It is the what you would do if you had no limitations and success was 100% guarenteed.  Back then, my BHAG was to own an organic cafe attached to a yoga studio.

Lookng over Doe Bay Cafe, I realized that goal has never actually left me.  Community is at the core of this endevour.  I love the thought of creating a space that people want to gather and converse in. A place to go and be nourished on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level.  The elements include farm to table food where everything is FRESH– from air (outdoor patios) to flowers to food. Menus are ever changing according to what’s in season and growing in the gardens.  Great care is given to every relationship from the farmers, employees, yoga teachers, students and guests that walks through the door.  Authentic love and enthusiam exudes from everything from the food to the people.  Great coffee is served in the morning, an expansive wine list and live music set the tone for the afternoon, and ocean views are served daily.

I close my eyes and can see it so clearly.

0 评论: