Cwtch of the Week: A Carried Cwtch

Happy Monday Cwtchers!  We’ve got such a lovely moment for our Cwtch of the Week this week.  Shot by the fantastic Steve Wheller of Art by Design , Rachael and Steve share with us, their traditional ‘bride being carried’ moment on their wedding day.  Rachael and Steve and they got married on 2nd April 2016 at St Thomas’s church in Swansea and held their reception at Ocean View Windmill in the Gower.  I will hand over to Steve to tell us why he loves this shot…..I love these bits…….

Cwtch of the Week: A Carried Cwtch

Cwtch of the Week: A Carried Cwtch

I always try to capture that natural moment between the couple and sometimes it’s hard to as they are conscious there is a camera pointed. This was taken at the end of the evening when they had finished the food, speeches and the first dance and were really relaxed and so it was the perfect moment to capture the both of them having fun. I love the shot because I feel it captures the happiness of the day and the love between the couple.

Cwtch of the Week: A Carried Cwtch

Totally agree Steve – its just so relaxed and loving.  As an added bonus Cwtchers, the lovely Rachael tells us all about her and Steve’s first meeting and engagement story……
I first met Steve in Ibiza in July 2013, during the end of a big party holiday. We exchanged numbers and carried on messaging after we returned home. I discovered Steve was home on leave from his second tour of Afghanistan with the RAF & staying at his family home in Wales .
Over the next few months, we spoke daily & I drove to see him every chance I had. When he left a few months later for his third tour of Afghanistan, I missed him awfully and realised I must really love the man! We spoke whenever we could & I sent him out lots of care packages (110 to be precise), the staff at the post office know me well these days! After his return, he was stationed in Suffolk so I started driving there every weekend & every other opportunity I could to see him. I lived in Tunbridge Wells at the time, so I was putting in a lot of miles and after a while, I decided to pack up my life & move in with Steve.
This was really hard, I had lived in my hometown all my life and had to leave all my friends a couple of hours drive away – but I took the plunge & hoped it would all be worth it. And …… It was! Very soon after I moved in, we decided to extend the family & welcomed a puppy called Molly to our home, who is the most gorgeous Labrador ever (she was at the wedding – chief bridesmaid of course!).
When Steve proposed he tied the ring to Molly’s collar with a note that said “mammy will you marry daddy?” – how could I say no to that?! The ceremony took place in Wales, in the Gower, near where Steve grew up. We were surrounded by friends and family and partied well into the night following the service. I wish we could do the whole day again, it was one of the best days I have ever had! Luckily, thanks to our awesome photographer – we have lots of happy memories captured in photos to look back at, many of which are already in frames & on most available surfaces in the house!

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely moment everyone! It was so lovely to find out what led to this beautiful cwtch! And to include your gorgeous wuppet Molly as chief bridesmaid is just lovely. Congratulations to you! xx

0 评论: