Matthew Robbins + Jack Myers Engagement Shoot {Portfolio}

Matthew Robbins + Jack Myers Engagement Shoot {Portfolio} Last month I had the pure pleasure of fashion styling a special engagement session for event design guru Matthew Robbins and his husband, Jack.  It was a lovely afternoon in Cold Spring, New York and the uber-talented Christian Oth was behind the lens, creating stunning photos of the couple in their hometown element…

While the wedding itself will run in an upcoming issue of Martha Stewart Weddings , I thought it would be fun to share a few of Christian’s images {and some of my fashion-styling inspiration} from our time together on Matthew and Jack’s portrait shoot! I hope you enjoy the engagement photos as much as we enjoyed the shoot itself… While it was fun to “fashion the day”, it truly was the chemistry behind this amazing couple that made the shoot shine!

Be sure to check out Christian’s insight on his blog , and scroll below for my styling ideas… {Le sigh, I’m so in love with those emerald green pants from Barneys }…

Matthew Robbins + Jack Myers Engagement Shoot {Portfolio} Matthew Robbins + Jack Myers Engagement Shoot {Portfolio} Matthew Robbins + Jack Myers Engagement Shoot {Portfolio} Matthew Robbins + Jack Myers Engagement Shoot {Portfolio}

Matthew Robbins + Jack Myers Engagement Shoot {Portfolio}

My styling inspiration: It was such fun fashion styling Matthew and Jack for their pre-wedding portraits… My absolute goal was to let Matthew and Jack’s personal styles shine, but also to add editorial choices (such as an emerald velvet pant or tweedy, double-layered vest) that were just a hint above ordinary, and played well with the beautiful country backdrop of Cold Spring.
When styling a shoot, I think it’s so important to have a mix of new and “graciously loved” pieces, so I asked Matthew and Jack to bring at least one article of clothing that was well-worn.  Matthew pulled out these uber-worn Prada boots, and I think they really kept the mix of “rustic meets relaxed luxe” we were all looking for.
All photos courtesy of Christian Oth Studio .
Stylishly,

0 评论: