A New Announcement for Merci New York

It’s been some time since I personally posted on Merci New York.  And to be fair, it’s been REALLY busy.  Here’s a quick breakdown: Went into third trimester of pregnancy {oof}. Husb and I decided to leave Manhattan and buy a home in the ‘burbs {wowsa}.  We moved into said home at 8 months pregnant {yup}.  And most importantly, we had a beautiful, healthy baby girl.

I will admit the first few months after that were a bit of a new-mom blur… but now, we’re over the newborn stage and raising our awesome little love-bug in our new home {which is still a half-designed work in progress}.  There have definitely been some bumps and bruises along the way — and WOW, life really can change in a few short months — but it’s crazy the perspective you gain being a new mom.

For a long time now, my husband, friends and clients have said I should put more “me” in Merci.  I was always sort of shy about it… and opted to post pretty styling projects and inspiration instead.

The thing is, I haven’t had time for pretty these days, at least not in the traditional sense of the word.  There’s been zero time to style a client’s advertising campaign, dress shop for a bride, or even prop style a bookcase. I’ve learned to live in headbands, ponytails and lululemon pants with spit-up stains.  I’ve learned there’s no late night delivery in the burbs, that you can’t feign anonymity with your neighbors a la the Upper West Side, and that despite the “un-coolness” of our exiling Manhattan, there’s a sweetness to being here that’s best for us.  And that’s okay.

A New Announcement for Merci New York Mostly I’ve learned to no longer be shy about the “me” in “Merci”.  Maybe I haven’t been to all the hautest, hippest runway shows this season.  Maybe I haven’t taken a few fabulous press trips that were offered my way.  And maybe I begrudgingly said ‘no’ to a party or two so I could struggle through the birthing, nursing, diapering and sleep-training trenches of life.

Maybe my friends are right – those things are sorta worth sharing.

There are stories of life after the wedding, after the 10-year blur of NYC party life.  There are stories of the house turning into a home, the couple turning into a family, the baby turning into a little, independent person.  I am sure there will be just as many fumbles as there are triumphs… I still have so much to learn, and I think I’ll be learning until Little A packs her bags for college.  But for right now, I’m excited to share parts of our newly styled life on here.

As much as Merci is weddings, and style, and fashion and New York… I’d also like it to be me.  Hopefully readers can come for the wedding and stay for the life after it.  Because I promise, being a new mom is still pretty – and it is stylish – in an empowering and unexpected new way.

xx,

Photos by Trent Bailey Photography

0 评论: