Lisbon, Portugal | Destination Honeymoon

Lisbon, Portugal | Destination Honeymoon

Although I’ve been to Portugal many times with my family (my parents were both born there), it wasn’t until a few summers ago that we explored Lisbon. Both of my parents hadn’t been there in years and were astonished at the development of sleek modern architecture and exciting nightlife. However, what fascinated me the most were its older charms. The museums filled with art, china, and textiles from Portugal’s colonial past, small espresso shops hailing back to the 1800s, old trolleys running up and down hilly streets, and magnificent forts and castles were just some of the sights that awed me.

Even for the beach lover Lisbon is the perfect destination. Lisbon has an oceanfront view with it’s own beaches but you can also head to nearby Cascais to play along pristine sand along with European celebrities.

Dining in Lisbon is a feast for the seafood lover but Portuguese cuisine also provides lots of hearty meat dishes. When in Lisbon, be sure to try Portuguese paella, homemade bread, seafood, and caldo verde a delicious and comforting light soup made with kale and chorizo. Pastries are filled with egg and cream creations that will melt in your mouth. Be sure to snack on one of these during the day, most restaurants don’t serve dinner until 8pm or later.

My best friend Caroline went to Lisbon last summer while studying abroad in Spain, and this was her take on the incredible and unique city, “ Going to Lisbon was one of the best parts of my trip to Europe. I loved being able to see the history and culture that is still so prominent there and the beaches nearby were absolutely beautiful. Even the nightlife was something so fun and unique that I’ve never experienced before. It was such amazing place to be able to visit.”

0 评论: