Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea

I'm so excited, because I get to feature the most gorgeous wedding today! I've actually been holding onto it for awhile, because admittedly, I wasn't able to get as much information about it as I had originally hoped, but I decided to feature it anyway because I'm just so in love with it! I think that you'll agree that it's a really beautiful wedding, and personally, the colors, style, venue and just the whole feeling behind it make it a great reflection of my own personal style. I know, I know...it isn't about me =P But as I'm sure you can tell, I'm obsessed. Really!


The classic navy blue and white color palette and its beautiful seaside location down in Florida inspired me to label this destination wedding as "Nautical," while its crisp, clean lines and modern floral arrangements deem it incredibly "Chic!" I often think that the trick to making a wedding truly elegant is exercising restraint. Knowing what to showcase, and what to leave out, what to spend the time, money and effort on, and what to keep simple. From the boldly striped napkins, to the simple color palette and the classic, All-American venue, the breezy, light-filled photographs by photographer Lauren Kinsey are a perfect reflection of the entire day. As you'll soon see, Lauren did a truly incredible job of capturing not only the fabulous details, but what I imagine is the real essence behind the wedding and the newly married couple. There's something about the photos of Whitney and Paxton together that is so easy and natural.


The rather gorgeous couple, Paxton and Whitney, are from Houston, Texas, where they had originally planned on having a huge wedding with about 400 guests! But in the middle of the madness, about six months before they were set to marry, the two of them decided to get back to what their day was really about. Paxton and Whitney made the big decision to throw their original plans out the window, and instead, chose to have an intimate destination wedding in their favorite little sunshine filled town of Seaside, Florida.


"When I met with Paxton and Whitney for the first time, they told me that they didn't want everything to be about the fluff...[they] just [wanted it] to be about them joining their lives and their families together as one," said their photographer, Lauren Kinsey. The bride's father officiated the small chapel ceremony on a warm afternoon in May, and the day turned out to be exactly what Whitney and Paxton had wanted all along - simple, happy and intimate.



Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea

Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea - Vendors & Credits

Photographer: Lauren Kinsey Photography
Floral Designer: Events by Nouveau
Venues: The Seaside Lyceum Lawn and Cottage Rental Agency

Nautical Chic Destination Wedding by the Sea


0 评论: