We're Engaged- J & C

Last Sunday August 14th in our home, during a spectacular home cooked meal, both of us wearing PJ's and sipping wine; Jason proposed.

We're Engaged- J & C

The proposal

Jason decided to cook. He had found a new recipe on his new IPAD 2 and apparently Jason was out to prove that he could be the next 'Food Network Star'. Jason loves gadgets and reality TV. Plus he likes to think he is a better cook than me.

So cook he did. And he made an exquisite meal. I could go into all the details of how he roasted red peppers and tomatoes and pureed them and added ricotta cheese to make the best soup on the planet. Or how he sauteed chicken and paired it with a rich sauce of crushed baby tomatoes and spices. I could elaborate on all that, but then it would seem that Jason is a better cook than me. So I'll just say he cooked dinner.

During dinner Jason asked me to grab a bottle of white wine for the table. I turned around to grab the white wine.

The ring was there but I didn't see it.

As soon as I had the white wine in hand, Jason asked for Baileys. At this point I was pretty sure Jason was considering picking up a drinking habit because who drinks wine and Baileys with dinner? I turned around, a second time, and there next to the bottle of Bailey's sat the ring.

I squealed a little. Ok a lot.

I walked over to him, sat on his lap and then we kinda did a little gazing into eyes. I had to remind the boy that he hadn't actually asked me yet.

We laughed.

He asked.

I was going to say 'no' unless he promised to cook like this every Sunday. But at this point I was wearing the ring and we were both wearing smiles.

We're Engaged- J & C

The ring is a vintage engagement ring that is 100+ years old. It is set in Platinum with a hand crafted Old European Cut diamond. We found it at Weston Fine Jewelry in Bellevue, Seattle.  We chose it because it is vintage and it is a beautiful thing that new life can be given to something so old.

A huge thank you to our talented friend and photographer, Alex Chamas . You can find him on Twitter: handle @amchamas and on FB: FB fan page . Please show him some love. It was so awesome of him to take these pictures for us.

xo

0 评论: