Christine Mighion Jewelry | Merci Green

Merci New York recently chatted with eco-friendly jewelery designer Christine Mighion. We’re excited to share some of her beautiful pieces, as well as her thoughts and inspiration in this week’s Merci Green fashion feature.
Christine Mighion Jewelry | Merci Green What is Christine Mighion jewelry all about?
My jewelry brings chic, affordable, 100% recycled gold and silver fine jewelry to the environmentally conscious woman who isn’t willing to compromise her sense of fashion.

How did you begin designing? Where do you draw inspiration?
I spent many years in Hawaii and found unsurpassed beauty in the rhythm of the surf and earthy scents in the rain forest. Once I moved back to Indiana and the cold winter set in, I decided I needed a little pick-me-up for my soul and found a metalsmithing class at a local museum. When I design, I draw on many of my travel experiences. I especially enjoy using the warmth of gold, watery blue and floral colored gemstones, and organic textures.

What is the one things readers should know about Christine Mighion jewelry?
Most people don’t realize mining can contaminate drinking water and destroy pristine environments, but a very small handful of jewelry supply companies are slowly changing the industry by selling exclusively 100% recycled gold and silver. Making a choice to “go green” with your jewelry will help change the industry and our world for the better.

Where can we buy your designs?
Currently I am selling all of my jewelry online , but will begin partnering with select retailers and boutiques in the spring. I’m excited to say with the launch of the site, the jewelry has received a lot of interest. Look for it in upcoming spring issues of magazines!

We love your “Jewelry for a Cause” campaign! Tell us more!
I feel that I am truly living the life of my dreams and it keeps getting better everyday! With this realization, I felt that it was important to add more meaning to my work, so I currently have pieces to support Project Aware whose mission is to protect our marine environment and a piece dedicated to Haiti Relief with all profits going to the American Red Cross. {note from Merci: check out Christine’s necklace to support Haiti relief in Lucky Magazine here }!

Photos courtesy Christine Mighion

0 评论: