Yesterday we introduced readers to Oheka Castle , a striking historical venue on Long Island’s famed “ Gold Coast ,” the area of Gastby-esque mansions along the shore where the fabled stories of great authors liek F Scott Fitzgerald came alive… As a true city-girl, I will admit my only {non-Hamptons} experiences with Long Island have been driving through traffic on 495 {to get to said Hamptons}, and honestly, reading and loving Great Gatsby so much, that I literally have some lines memorized in my head.
So I suppose it’s no coincidence {or just the fact that I love, love, love deco style}, that we came across these lovely little finds via Coco + Kelley today {Cassandra, you rock}. Apparently, Coralie Bickford-Smith , {the talented cover designer who dreamed up a flurry of those Anthro-esque vintage book jackets }, has decided to go glam.
How glam? Tres-chic, mega gilded, gold and bold glam…. Just check out her gorgeous deco-inspired covers for the entire F. Scott Fitzgerald collection . Truly, they rock so hard.
And I have to say I’m now even more excited to dive into Fitzgerald’s books… on the jitney, through the traffic, and on my way out to those Hamptons.
Merci Nest | Coralie Bickford-Smith Goes Gatsby
订阅:
博文评论 (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
If we were to take a ride in the wayback machine to the late 1980’s, you would see me sporting a Canon AT-1 with a 50mm lens. That i...
-
Keltec PLR22 with standard 25rd magazine. At first glance, Keltec PLR22 and Crickett .22 Hunter pistols couldn’t be more different. K...
-
We all have our essential items for making a flight more comfortable . But nothing ups your comfort like a better seat. Here’s how t...
-
Recently I was given an amazing opportunity to write for BRIDES Magazine on a number of chic and trending wedding topics. Today’s post lo...
-
I have spent years hiking with my Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon II (PFII), first just my wife and I, then my first son, and now with my second so...
-
Sponsored post Entries are now open for designers, architects, innovators, artists and companies to submit projects to the A’ Design Award ...
-
We love the way that Stacy Bauer Photography set up this engagement session with Will and Casey, we’ll let her share how this couple used ...
-
The most common complaints you hear from backpackers usually stem from carrying too much weight, ill-fitting backpacks, or using the ...
-
Jaillan Yehia isn’t an adventure traveller. So what the hell is she doing on a double-zip line flying over the French Alps at 100km an hour?...
-
By PATRICK MURPHY If 45Nrth has its way, the phrase “It’s too cold to ride today” is going to become irrelevant. The Minneapolis-based b...