Portfolio: A Surprise {007} 30th Birthday | Featured on Preston Bailey’s Entertaining Blog

I know I don’t usually diverge too far from weddings on the Merci New York blog, but I thought I would share a little bit of life with you all! This past month, I had the pleasure of throwing {and pulling off!} a super-fun surprise 30th birthday party for my husband. Titled “Shaken, Not Stirred,” it played off Mike’s love for classic cocktails and James Bond swagger… I was honored that the wonderful Preston Bailey decided to showcase the party on his blog, and thought I would share a few more photos with Merci’s readers, too! {Who knows, maybe your groom is approaching the big 3-0, or the festive photos can inspire some fun bachelor party ideas}? I hope you enjoy!
Portfolio: A Surprise {007} 30th Birthday | Featured on Preston Bailey’s Entertaining Blog Portfolio: A Surprise {007} 30th Birthday | Featured on Preston Bailey’s Entertaining Blog Portfolio: A Surprise {007} 30th Birthday | Featured on Preston Bailey’s Entertaining Blog Planning and Event Design: Merci New York
Photography: Sofia Negron Photography
Venue: Hudson Terrace
Paper Goods: Mew Paper Arts
Cake: Nine Cakes
DJ: The Architect DJ Davey B
Cigar Rollers: Martinez Cigars

October was a really busy month for Merci – we were thrilled to be buzzing about for bridal market , styling some fantastic photo shoots, continuing our writing for The Plaza , and working on a few corporate events . In the midst of being a little worker bee, I was also sneaking around town trying to throw a surprise 30th birthday party for my husband, Mike. Much to his grumbling about me “always working,” I couldn’t wait to pull off a great surprise to celebrate the amazing guy he is.
I wanted Mike’s party to be really special. A celebration just for him {because let’s be honest- the last time we threw a big party it was our wedding, and he certainly let me run with it}… Moreover, I wanted the party to be tied to Mike’s interests. {Again, another let’s be honest moment: It’s hard to throw a themed party for a guy without making it look like a bar mitzvah}.
One Friday evening, Mike came home with a new hobby. He declared he was going to learn to mix classic cocktails in our home and that his specialty was a “Vesper Martini” – aka the official James Bond martini named for the Bond girl Vesper Lynd.
As he began mixing up drinks in the kitchen, I found the whole thing really cute and endearing, but then a light went off in my head. I would throw him a James Bond themed surprise party playing off of the classic lines, “Shaken, Not Stirred.”….

Please pop by Preston Bailey’s Blog for more details on the party, and inspirations for the design components!

xx,
Jacqueline

0 评论: